The 4th edition of Revising Professional Writing in Science and Technology, Business, and the Social Sciences is now available. It’s an affordable workbook at $39.95 USD, with over 400 revision and editing problems. Instructors get an answer key plus supplements here on Pros Write (e.g., sample documents, videos, etc.) supporting the principles in the book.
Each of the 21 chapters explains research-backed principles for revising or editing a single element (e.g., informative graphics, bottom line placement, conciseness, pronoun reference, etc.). The succinct explanatory text is followed by revision and editing problems that require increasing levels of expertise within each chapter.
- Over 400 revision and editing problems covering rhetorical context, development, organization, style and tone, and mechanics.
- Problems range from sentences and paragraphs to 11 full-length texts.
- Examples from a variety of texts: memos, letters, résumés, proposals, instructions, definitions, and reports.
- All revising and editing problems drawn from the actual writing of college students.
- Self-contained chapters, allowing flexible use with other textbooks.
- ISBN 978-0-9767180-6-2
Parlay Press provides exam copies:
Toll-free fax: 888.301.3116
Your feedback is valued!